Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy COLD New Year!

I can't believe how cold it is here in what is supposed to be the “sunny south”...not my best time of year! I'm not all that productive in the winter anyway, but twenty-something degree weather with winds to boot are nearly paralyzing to a girl who loves summer heat...;)

It seemed like I rushed through the holidays so that I could spend time polishing “Captured by Moonlight” before it was released just a few weeks ago. It's been hard to resist checking on sales constantly, but I have to say (maybe because it's my first effort at publishing a full-length novel) I am pleased with sales. The fact that people I don't know on both sides of the Atlantic are purchasing my book every day makes me smile. I can't help it. Not that I'm making a whole lot of money, but it is so nice to receive a compliment or two. In the meantime, I'm thinking about my next project as much as possible, when I'm not feeling guilty about not marketing this book.

I know I need to spend some time on it, so my goal is to work on marketing efforts periodically (now that it's too cold to even walk outside). I know that the book wouldn't have done this well if not for some word of mouth recommendations and a few good reviews already. So...with that said, I'm going to make some free copies of the ebook available to reviewers. If you would like to leave a review at Amazon or Smashwords, or review the book on your blog or website, please feel free to email me
or let me know in a comment to this post, and I'll get back to you right away.

I do appreciate the kind words and help from so many! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment